Friday, September 9, 2011

Woman Dies After Inhaling Toxic Fumes at Ga. McDonald's

An 80-year-old woman died after inhaling toxic fumes believed to have originated from a mixture of chemicals used to clean the bathroom at a McDonald's in Pooler, Georgia, investigators said. Anne Felton, who was found unconscious in the restroom of McDonald's on Wednesday, died at a local hospital on Thursday. An autopsy is being performed to identify the chemicals that the woman inhaled.

Eight other people, including three firefighters attempting to rescue victims, were hospitalized after breathing in the toxic fumes. One woman remains hospitalized. All other victims were treated and released.

The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration is conducting an investigation into the cause of the contamination.

For more information on wrongful death lawsuits, contact Caruso Law Offices, P.C. at 505-883-5000.